Indulge yourself with INSTINKS eco herbal bath teas.
1 bag contains about 6 to 8 facial steams OR 3 to 6 herbal baths
- Organic Eucalyptus, Organic Thyme, Organic Peppermint, Organic Rosemary, Organic Sage, Organic Juniper Berries, Organic Chamomile, Organic Yarrow, Lemon essential oil, Tea tree essential oil, Eucalyptus essential oil, Peppermint essential oil
A herbal bath and facial steam created with aromatic herbs and a touch of aromatic essential oils to help relieve congestion. Steam inhalation is a great old fashioned remedy for colds, coughs and congestion.
Although herbal steam cannot cure a cold or flu, when inhaled, the decongestant and antiseptic herbal aromatics go where they are needed, into congested and irritated sinus passages, throat and lungs.
- Great old-fashioned remedy for colds, coughs, and congestion
- Warm, moist air helps opens up congested sinuses and lung passageways and loosen mucus allowing you to breathe a bit easier
- Can be used as a Bath Tea or for more intense inhalation as a Facial Steam!
- 1 bag contains about 6 to 8 facial steams OR 3 to 6 herbal baths
Reusable cotton muslin bag available - simply add to your order!
Directions for a Simple Herbal Bath:
- Fill muslin bag with 1/4 to 1/2 cup of herbs (tightly close the top!). Dependent on size of your bath tub. Allow space in the mulsim bag for water to flow around the herbs
- Add the herbal tea bag to your tub by either hanging the bag from the faucet and allowing warm water through the bag while the tub fills. When the tub is full, remove the pouch from the spout and let it float in the tub, continuing to steep in the bathwater. Or place bag in the bath and let it float continuing to steep in the bathwater.
- Squeeze bag to release the botanical goodness. Relax and soak for 15 to 20 minutes.
- After your bath empty and rinse the reusable muslin bag and allow it to dry.
An herbal bath is a time to relax the body not cleanse it -- no soap or bubble bath! If you need to wash take a shower before. To get the full benefit from an herbal soak, simply towel dry when you leave the tub.
The herbal bag may be used as a compress on your temples, neck, or other pulse points. Use as an “herbal washcloth,” with or without soap. When finished empty and rinse the bag and allow it to dry.
No time for a bath or No bathtub?
- Use the herbal bag in the shower as a “herbal washcloth,” with or without soap
- Use a small amount to make a soothing foot bath!
- Use the herbal bag as a warm or cool compress on your temples, neck or other pulse points
- After using in your tub place the whole bag in the dryer to add a fresh scent (works great with towels and linens).
- Place ¼ cup of herbs into the muslin bag or directly into the bowl (bag helps with cleanup)
- Place bag in a pot or heatproof bowl about 2.5 litres
- Pour 1.5 litres of boiling water over herbs
- Cover and steep 10 minutes
- Wait a few minutes to allow the water to cool slightly--be sure steam is not too hot!!
- Place bowl on a heatproof surface where you can comfortably sit
- Holding your head 30cm from the bowl, drape a large towel over head and bowl to capture steaming herbal water
- Allow the steam to bathe your skin a minute or two and then raise your head a bit and take a few breaths of fresh air
- Repeat the process for a maximum of 5 to 10 minutes
- If at any time it gets too hot under the towel--lift a corner to let in a little cool air
- As the herbs steep, the rising steam will open your pores and carry the aromatic herbal oils your skin
- Splash face with cool water, to close your pores, and pat dry
- If used a muslin bag rinse the reusable muslin bag and allow it to dry
A steam burn is more damaging than a burn from boiling water, so you need to be especially careful when steaming your face.
To lower your risk of burns, avoid putting your face too close to the steam. Increase the distance as needed for you to be comfortable. Water should be warm, not hot.
Limit each steam session to around 10 minutes to avoid irritating your skin.
For external use only - DO NOT INGEST
100% Biodegradable and Compostable packaging including the zip - this is NOT a partially Biodegradable/Compostable pouch